Selection or screening of configurator software may be a difficult and time consuming process due to the complexity of the field.
Even selecting appropriate vendors to review can be a daunting task. How do you narrow down the list to the appropriate ones to review? Which are right for you? You should not just select the companies that have contacted you. However, if you enter the word “Sales Configurator” or “Product Configurator” into Google, you will probably get over 1,000,000 hits and most of these companies you have never heard of . Getting to a manageable short list is no simple task for most.
In addition, the most complicated task though is probably collecting the internal requirements from your company and communicating that to the vendors.
We have put together a number of resources that may be used for this process:
- List of vendors to review
- Typical process for selecting a vendor
- Key functionality requirements to use while reviewing the vendors
- Typical pitfalls when implementing a configurator
- A configurator challenge which may be used for evaluating a configurator
If you need further support, please contact us: